News and Updates
Ports brace for the post-Suez onslaught as ships begin arriving at ports
Supply chain headaches caused by the Suez canal blockage aren’t over yet with 1.9M TEU of capacity sailing towards already overburdened ports
- Containership LIMA VALERIE suffers Heavy List. Salvage team contracted.Containership Lima Valerie has reportedly suffered stability loss & developed a heavy list at the port of Pasir Panjang Terminal in Singapore.
- Engine Room Fire disables containership President EisenhowerAn engine fire aboard the containership, President Eisenhower, reported on Wednesday, Apr 28 at around 0900 UTC has disabled the ship.
- Containership CONTSHIP NEW comes under pirate attackCyprus flagged containership CONTSHIP NEW (IMO: 9373905) was attacked by pirates in the Gulf of Guinea on 23 April 10:30 A.M. GMT.
- Containers on fire aboard the INTERASIA CATALYSTContainership INTERASIA CATALYST, sailing in Andaman sea, en route from Port Klang to Cochin, had reported fire on at least 11 of its containers.
- FMC Requests WSC to Mitigate Contract Guidelines for CarriersThe Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) assents to request the World Shipping Council (WSC) to alleviate the laws when freight lines need to file initial service agreements with officials of the United States.
- project44 Named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Real-Time Transportation VisibilityThe results are in! project44 has been recognized as a Leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Real-Time Transportation Visibility.
- How to Lower Your Ocean Freight CostsSome of the significant challenges for shippers and freight forwarders are understanding freight costs, lowering the ocean freight spend, and realizing better margins. While market trends and dynamics play a major role in determining your freight cost, having access to critical visibility data ensures that businesses can utilize data to better predict market fluctuations and trends.
- CMA CGM converts AS6 from Pendulum to individual Loop serviceThe AS6 additional calls are expected to enhance the service network, providing an exclusive direct service from Nansha to Pipavav & Colombo.
- Wan Hai announces new weekly service AS1 between Asia and South AmericaWan Hai Lines has announced that they will be expanding their Asia-South America network by launching a new weekly service (AS1).
- MSC adds new Liberty Service to its Transpacific USEC NetworkMSC will update its Transpacific USEC network with the aim to better manage the current issues of congestion across the supply chain.
- MSC omits calls to Los Angeles from its Santana serviceCongestion at the Port of Los Angeles continues. To maintain service quality & reliability, MSC has decided to omit LA from Santana service.
- MSC Announces updates to its Intra-Asia Network ServicesMSC, in a bid to revamping its intra-Asia network, has announced updates to four existing services, beginning end of April.
- Montreal Dockworkers Schedule a Partial Strike; Threaten CongestionDockworkers from Montreal have scheduled a partial strike on major Canadian ports on Wednesday. Threatened to increase congestion on port.
- Georgia Port Authority Forms a Comprehensive Capacity Expansion Plan for Savannah PortThe Georgia Port Authorities have delineated record volumes of 3.9 million TEUs by the end of their financial year for the period of July 2020 to March 2021.
- Peab Authorized to Build New Container Port in SwedenForest product company from Sweden, SCA Logistics has authorized Peab, the infrastructure company to build, a new container port alongside Tunadal Port in Sundsvall, Sweden.
- Operations back in Action at Montreal Port; Dockworkers Head Back to WorkFunctioning gradually begins on a normal Saturday at the Montreal Port after the Canadian federal government rushes amidst the legislation on Friday and forces nearly 1,150 dockers at strike to head back and begin working.
Our guide to reduce costs
The clearance and delivery of sea freight shipments may be delayed due to various reasons. These delays result in containers sitting in the port or at the terminal or with the customer for a number of days depending on the type of delays.
These delays easily translate into unexpected and additional costs.