News and Updates
- ITAL LIBERA denied entry in Asia due to COVID cases among the crew; diverted to ItalyForce majeure declared due to no Asian ports accepting ITAL LIBERA. Vessel diverted to call Italy first in order to repatriate the captain.
- OOCL containership crashes into two cranes at the Port of KaohsiungOOCL Containership came in contact with two gantry cranes while proceeding to berth at Kaohsiung on June 3, upon arrival from Hong Kong.
- MAERSK EMERALD runs aground in the Suez Canal; suffers a minor delayMAERSK EMERALD reportedly suffered a mechanical malfunction and ran aground in the Suez Canal, on the morning of May 28.
- Containership LIDER HALIL disabled in Dardanelles, anchored at ErenkoyLIDER HALIL was en route from Novorossiysk, Russia to Alexandria, Egypt when it got disabled and had to be anchored.
- Shipment visibility is key to improving customer experienceInto the second year of the pandemic, heightened supply chain volatility, and gradual recovery, shippers are increasingly focusing on the need for supply chain visibility to maneuver through the unprecedented times. Believe it or not, supply chain visibility is directly proportional to customer experience and critical to your business’ revenue growth.
- Industry Experts Share Insights on “Weathering the Supply Chain Storm”By combining the insights of industry leaders and technology innovators, the session provides critical insights for supply chain stakeholders, from shippers to carriers and everyone in between.
- Maritime Logistics Network Delays Worsen as Rollover Rates RisePort data from across the world collected by project44 shows that the percentage of containers missing their scheduled sailing is still rising
- Wan Hai to Launch New Weekly AA7 ServiceWan Hai Lines has announced a new weekly service AA7 between Asia and East Coast of N. America in a bid to expand its Asia – America network.
- Unifeeder expands network by adding Irish sea to its serviceUnifeeder has announced a new service connecting the Hubport of Southampton to the Irish Sea – Cork, Belfast and Dublin.
- CMA CGM’s SAFRAN Service to Stop Calling Itapoa and Algeciras starting JulyCMA CGM’s SAFRAN service will stop calling Itapoa & Algeciras to ensure service reliability in N. European & East Coast South American ports
- Maersk to stop calling at the port of Chornomorsk in UkraineMaersk’s ocean services to Ukraine will stop calls to the port of Chornomorsk from week 33 this year, till further notice.
- Samskip adds Waterford on its recently launched Amsterdam-Ireland serviceOn its weekly container service between Dublin and Amsterdam, Samskip has added aport call at Waterford.
- Maersk Announces Scheduling changes to tackle Ongoing Congestion across North EuropeMaersk has announced the changes to their CLX / SAWC1 service until there is an improvement in the ongoing port congestion in North Europe.
- Imetame Group to Install a Multipurpose Port in Espirito SantoThe Government of Brazil has now approved Imetame Group’s idea to build and begin with the installation and operation of a Private Use Terminal (TUP) in Espirito Santo under the municipal provision of Aracruz.
- Nansha Port; An Alternative for Congested Yantian Portthe Yantian port struggles with spacing, the Nansha International container terminal has reportedly established itself as an alternative for the Yantian Port.
- Long Beach Port to Increase Incentives for Carriers to Make use of Greener Ships.While California prepares to implement strict rules for environmental regulation for ships in Port and focuses on the Port in improving air quality
Our guide to reduce costs
The clearance and delivery of sea freight shipments may be delayed due to various reasons. These delays result in containers sitting in the port or at the terminal or with the customer for a number of days depending on the type of delays.
These delays easily translate into unexpected and additional costs.