The CMA CGM Group, a world leader in container shipping, has announced that its PAD service will become weekly, starting January 4th, 2018.
This unique service will link Northern Europe, the East Coast of the United States, Central America, the Pacific Islands, Australia and New Zealand.
This weekly service will be operated in 91 days.
PAD service highlights:
- Only service in market to provide this route on a weekly basis.
- Provide a direct and weekly offer to Papeete and Noumea from Northern Europe and the East Coast of the United States
- Provide the only fast, direct and dedicated Reefer service from Oceania to Europe
- Strengthen the CMA CGM Group’s offer on the Transatlantic service.
- 13 ships with a nominal capacity between 2,200 and 2,500 TEUs will be deployed on this weekly service.
- Each will have about 600 Reefers on board, necessary to transport refrigerated goods such as fruits, meat or dairy products.
The upgrade to a weekly service starting January 4th, 2018 is subject to validation by the competent authorities.
By making its PAD service a weekly offer, the CMA CGM Group continues its development strategy in Oceania and in the Pacific with the completion of the acquisition of SOFRANA Unilines, through its subsidiary ANL, on October 31st, 2017.
Source: CMA CGM
Image Source: Ocean Insights