CMA CGM has announced the launch of its new product – MEDWAX service, in complement to the current existing 31 services to Sub Saharan Africa, with an aim to bring about improvements in their service offerings to West Africa strategic markets.
Effective January 14, 2021, at Algeciras with m/v “Atlantic Discoverer”, MEDWAX service will offer a lean product and a weekly service from Worldwide to the Republic of Guinea and Ivory Coast through their operational Mediterranean hub. Dakar will be offered to their Exporters on seasonal call basis to meet with the demand during the reefer season.
MEDWAX features are as follows:
- Fully CMA CGM Group-operated service
- Fleet deployment of 5 x 2,500 TEU nominal capacity vessels
- Port rotation: Algeciras – Tangier – Conakry – San Pedro – Abidjan – Dakar (seasonal call) – Algeciras
- Launch date: January 14, 2021, at Algeciras
In addition to the new MEDWAX service, CMA CGM has also announced improvements to their services – EURAF 3 and WAZZAN
- Dedicated to the North Range West Africa Market
- Effective on January 16, 2021 with m/v “CMA CGM Fort Saint Louis”
- Port rotation: Tangier – Algeciras – Freetown – Monrovia – Banjul – Tangier
- Dedicated to Mauritania and Dakar markets
- Effective on January 12, 2021 with m/v “CMA CGM Homere”
- Port rotation: Casablanca – Algeciras – Tangier – Nouakchott – Dakar – Nouadhibou – Las Palmas – Casablanca
For any queries, please contact your usual local sales.
Source: CMA CGM