About p44 and Ocean Insights
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.
Ocean Insights as a part of project44 combines container liner schedules and carriers' container tracking information with neutral AIS vessel tracking data, allowing our customer to plan and monitor supply chain operations on a level never experienced before.
With strong IT focus and an expert team of data analysts, we take pride in supporting our customers and showing the guiding thread in a field where data is often hardly available and even less often comparable.
Our team is constantly working on new approaches and innovative solutions to make our customer's day-to-day operations easier and give them the knowledge and tools to be a step ahead.
What are your responsibilities as Sr. Backend Developer in our team?
- Responsibility for our back-end development, including e.g. algorithm development
- Processing of carrier-data from different sources and integrating them into our system
- Providing the prepared data to
- our front-end developers
- our Customers
- our Customer Success Team
Who are you?
- An independent worker who takes responsibility for your own tasks
- A problem-solver who is not afraid to communicate with others
- A person who loves to dive deep down into our software
What do we expect from you?
- At least 5 years of working experience as a back-end engineer
- Knowledge in different areas of programming, including:
- Object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python)
- SQL-Databases like MariaDB or MySQL
- API’s (e.g. HTTP or Rest)
- Web application frameworks (e.g. Django)
- A degree in (business-)informatics or a training as computer scientist would be great
What are your benefits?
- Flexible work model and work-from-home options
- Up to eight hours of free education per month to develop and strengthen your working skills
- Coffee, tea, water and fruits are freely available in our office
- Activities like having lunch together, participating in sport activities or yoga-courses for all employees
- Employee benefits: 2 out of 5 (e.g. internet flatrate), shopping benefits
- project44 stock options
What else is there to say?
Our everyday working life is flanked by the warm, open and at the same time performance-driven company culture. We are scattered all over the world, so there is always a breeze of the big wide world blowing through our office.
Become a part of our open and ambitious team! We look forward to your application!