Oct 15, 2019
In order to ensure delivery of a more stable and reliable product throughout the winter months, Ocean Network Express has announced forthcoming changes to their Transpacific product network, which includes:
- Capacity changes to Pacific South West (PSW) services without any changes to the current service rotation
- Seasonal Suspension of the East Coast 3 (EC3) service
Pacific South West (PSW) Services:
- Service will be gradually downsized from 8,000 TEU class vessels to a mixed fleet of 6,200 – 6,800 TEU vessels.
- The effective voyage with the reduced capacity will be M/V “MOL Majesty”, ETA Shanghai 10-November and ETA Los Angeles 26-November.
- Service will be gradually downsized from 10,000 TEU class vessels to a mixed fleet of 8,600 TEU – 9,500 TEU vessels with an occasional deployment of 10,000 TEU vessels where required.
- The effective voyage with the reduced capacity will be M/V “YM Unicorn”, ETA Xiamen 16-November and Los Angeles 4-December.
The service changes on the PSW are expected to continue through the end of March 2020.
East Coast 3 (EC3) Service
Kindly note the EC3 service will be seasonally suspended. The final voyage of the EC3 is the M/V “YM Utopia” Voyage 069 E/W with ETA Kaohsiung 31-October and ETA Savannah 2-December.
The East Coast 1 (EC1) schedule will subsequently be modified to ensure continuity of the port pairings formerly provided by the EC3. The effective voyage of the revised EC1 will be M/V “Houston Bridge” Voyage 038 E/W with ETA Kaohsiung 4-November and ETA Savannah 8-December.
Original EC3 Service Rotation (last voyage shall be YM Utopia 069 E/W):
Kaohsiung – Xiamen – Hong Kong – Yantian – Shanghai – Manzanillo- Savannah – Jacksonville – Norfolk – Manzanillo – Balboa – Pusan – Kaohsiung
Original EC1 Service Rotation: Ningbo – Shanghai – Pusan – Tokyo – Manzanillo – Savannah – Jacksonville – Charleston – Norfolk – Manzanillo- Balboa – Tokyo – Kobe – Ningbo
Revised EC1 Service Rotation (effective voyage shall be Houston Bridge 038 E/W): Kaohsiung – Xiamen – Hong Kong – Yantian – Shanghai – Pusan – Tokyo – Manzanillo – Savannah – Jacksonville – Charleston – Norfolk – Manzanillo- Balboa – Tokyo – Kobe – Pusan – Kaohsiung
It is expected that the new service rotation of the EC1 and service withdrawal of EC3 will continue through the end of March 2020.
Meanwhile, ONE’s other Transpacific product offerings to / from the East Coast of North America (EC2, EC4, EC5, and IEX) will remain as is with no modification to the service design.